Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 13: Is Walmart Good for America?

I used to always think that Walmart was good America. Who doesn't love the low prices and deals that Walmart has to offer? After watching the video, my view was changed. I'm not sure as to whether it's good or not. I wasn't aware of some the facts stated by some of the people they were interviewing. One man said that lower prices mean lower wages. I never would have thought of that.

When we think of Walmart, we think of a benefit to every consumer's pocket. Honestly, Walmart is the best place to go shopping for a low price. They are even willing to offer you a lower price on their items in order to beat the competitors. Walmart is always the store that the best Black Friday specials. That store always has the best deals.

I was impressed by that strong statement made about lower prices means lower wages. As I sat here thinking about that, it's true. In order for a store to sell their merchandise at such a low price, they must reduce the output of money in their company. In reality, the consumer may be getting a benefit but the employees of the company aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment